Documenting High School Coursework
Students enrolled in our High School Diploma Program must have courses, credits, and grades documented on official transcripts or validated through portfolio reviews. Our Credit by Portfolio policy is outlined below. Self-prepared transcripts are not accepted.
Official School Transcripts
A transcript is a record of courses, credits and grades earned at a school. An official transcript is one that is sent directly from the administrator of the school where the credit is earned to our school. We accept transcripts from the following schools:
- Florida Virtual School (FLVS)
- Public Schools
- Public Virtual Schools
- Charter Schools
- Accredited Private Schools
- Community Colleges/Universities (Dual Enrollment)
- Accredited Correspondence Schools (Distance Learning)
Abeka Academy is not a school. Abeka Academy provides homeschool curriculum and awards homeschool diplomas. Credits earned through Abeka Academy must be validated in accordance with our Credit by Portfolio policy.
Credit by Portfolio
Credits earned through accredited homeschool programs and courses documented through homeschool portfolios may be eligible for high school credit. You must provide us with detailed course information for course pre-approval. Coursework must be documented thoroughly, and credits and grades must be validated by a Florida certified teacher. Credit by portfolio is subject to approval. Please download our Credit by Portfolio Packet for the required forms. Instructions are included.
- A maximum of 18 credits may be earned through portfolio reviews as follows:
- Up to the first 3 ELA credits
- Up to the first 3 Math credits
- Up to 2 Science credits
- Up to 2 Social Studies credits
- Up to 8 Elective credits, excluding credits in world languages
- Credit may not duplicate a credit already earned.
- Credit, except elective credit, must be earned prior to the student's fourth year.
- Course must conform to a high school level course found at CPALMS.
- Course must include bona fide instruction and contain performance standards.
We recommend you keep at minimum a chronological log of activities, a detailed list of books and resources used, samples of your child's work, test results, and earned certificates in your child's portfolio. For books and workbooks, keep copies of the title page and table of contents. For online curriculum, keep copies of the course's scope and sequence and printouts of your child's progress, grades, and time logs.