End-of-Course (EOC) Assessments
End-of-Course Assessments are computer-based tests that are administered for the purpose of testing a student's knowledge and skills learned for specific middle and high school level courses. These statewide assessments were created to meet accountability requirements for Florida public schools. Students enrolled at Aspiring Heights Academy are not required to take EOC assessments, however, they may be eligible to participate. Currently, there are EOC assessments for Algebra I, Biology I, Geometry, U.S. History and middle school Civics. (The Algebra II EOC assessment was eliminated in 2017.) Students interested in participating in EOC assessments should register at least six weeks prior to first day of the assessment window. Assessment schedules are available at the Florida Department of Education.
Practice Test Requirement
Students are required to complete a computer-based practice test prior to sitting for an EOC assessment. Practice tests can be found at the following links:
- Algebra 1 or Geometry FSA assessments: https://fsassessments.org/students-and-families/practice-tests/
- Biology 1, Civics, or US History NGSSS assessments: http://download.pearsonaccessnext.com/fl/fl-practicetest.html?links=true
Who to Contact
A Few Things to Note
A private school student who is transferring to a Florida public high school and whose transcript shows a credit in Algebra I must pass the Algebra I EOC assessment or earn a comparative passing score on the Mathematics section of the PERT, PSAT, SAT, or ACT in order to earn a standard high school diploma. If the transfer student's transcript shows a final grade and course credit in Algebra I, Geometry, Biology I, or U.S. History, the transferring course final grade and credit will be honored without the student taking the EOC assessment.
While not an EOC assessment, public school students are also required to pass the Grade 10 FCAT 2.0 Reading Assessment or the Grade 10 FSA ELA Assessment or earn a concordant passing score the the respective section of the SAT or ACT in order to earn a standard high school diploma.
The following websites provide for more information about EOC assessments and access to resources for preparing for these tests.
- Florida Standards Assessments Portal Your source for information about the Florida Standards Assessments.
- Florida End-of-Course (EOC) Assessments (Florida Department of Education) Look here for information about EOC assessments.
- Practice Tests FCAT and EOC assessment practice tests in both computerized (software download required) and printable PDF formats.
- FLVS Florida End-of-Course Assessments Look here for additional information and practice tests.
For information about public high school course credit and assessment requirements, please visit the Florida Department of Education.